IIPM Admission

Thursday, March 14, 2013

An interview of Enrique Iglesias from The Sunday Indian!

Eight years after his last tour in India, Enrique Iglesias is back! As the Micromax Enrique Iglesias Tour with UTV Bindass prepares to explode with rhythms divine later this month, here’s a little prelude…

Enrique Iglesias
Enrique Iglesias
What can we expect from a live Enrique Iglesias tour this time around?
I am very excited to come to India again. Fans can definitely expect a lot of surprises and some great new production. I cannot give away any more information than that! You'll just have to come and see for yourself!

This will be the second time that you will be performing in India. What are you looking forward to the most?
I've been looking forward to this trip for years; I’ve been trying to come back for a while, and was only waiting for the right opportunity. Besides the show, I'm looking forward to the fans who are so amazing and enthusiastic, as well as the great food.

Who are your musical influences?
There are so many – I love Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson, Juan Luis Guerra, Billy Joel and Dire Straits. But the list is too long to name them all. I have 14,000 songs on my iPod. It’s too much. I’m going nuts going through it. I gotta start skimming it down.

What is the last song you played on your iPod?
Let me see… it was “Cooler than Me” (Mike Posner). I got anything from Juan Luis Guerra, Lionel Richie, to Kings of Leon and Hombres G. I can name a lot of people you wouldn’t know.

Which concert of yours has been the most memorable one?
There have been so many that it's hard for me to single out any one in particular. I can say that I love playing at Madison Square Garden and at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. There is just so much history there.

Considering that you'll be in India for a few days, is there any place in particular you'd like to visit, or things you'd want to take back as souvenirs?
I won't really have any time for sightseeing. The only ‘souvenir’ I care about is just knowing that the show went great and everyone left happy.

You were offered to judge American Idol and you passed it on. Was there any specific reason for it? Do you not believe in reality shows?
If the time was right, I would definitely have been honoured. I am a big fan of American Idol.

You have also done stints in movies like Once Upon A Time In Mexico, and have had special appearances on shows like How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men. Would you ever consider taking up acting seriously?
I am always open to all opportunities. Acting is a talent I respect very much, and am envious of those with such talents. I would definitely be open to give it a shot.

Can you tell us a little bit about your last album, Euphoria?
Euphoria was an amazing run for me. The world tour was ‘epic’ in a sense from my end, and I hope my fans enjoyed the shows as much as I did. I was also fortunate enough to collaborate with some amazing artists such as Pitbull, Juan Luis Guerra, Wisin and Yandel, Nicole Scherzinger, Lil Wayne, Lionel Richie, and others. It was a truly incredible experience.

How was it working with artists like Lionel Richie, Pitbull and others?
Oh it was super fun! I’ve worked with Lionel in the past as well. As for working with Pitbull, Pitbull and I grew up in the same town. We have a bunch of friends in common and his energy is off the roof. He’s like a freakin’ Energiser Bunny. He doesn’t stop!

What’s in the pipeline? Will we be seeing something new in the near future?
I'm currently in the studio recording. Fans can definitely expect a new album in 2013.


No comments: